The Las Cruces Extra-territorial Zoning Authority will consider the following agenda at a public hearing to be held Wednesday, December 16, 2009 at 5:00 P.M., in County Commission Chambers at the Doņa Ana County Government Center, 845 N. Motel Blvd., Las Cruces, NM 88007
1. CALL TO ORDER
2. ROLL CALL
4. APPROVAL OF MINUTES: November 18, 2009
5. ELECTION OF OFFICERS: Chairperson, Vice-Chairperson
6. CHANGES TO THE AGENDA
REVIEW / DISCUSSION / ACTION
7. Minor Subdivisions and Large Land Area Subdivisions Report Update from the City of Las Cruces Community Development Department
8. ETZ Subdivision Code Overview and Amendment Process Update and Amendment Prioritization from the City of Las Cruces Community Development Department
REVIEW / DISCUSSION / ACTION
9. CASE #V09-006/CILLESSEN: The applicant, Dale E. Cillessen, is requesting a Variance of twelve feet (12) to the required side yard setback requirement of fifteen feet (15) in an ER 3 Zoning District, resulting in a three foot (3) side setback, to legalize an existing 1000 sq. ft. accessory building (a garage). This would permit the applicant to proceed with an addition to the 1050 sq. ft. dwelling on the property. A Variance was granted on October 18, 2000 on this property which permitted a lot reconfiguration between this legal nonconforming parcel and an adjoining parcel (Case # V00-024). The 0.86-acre subject parcel is zoned ER 3 (Residential, 1-acre minimum new lot size, single-family site built homes), located north of the City of Las Cruces, immediately west of Giron Road, within Section 22, Township 22 South, and Range 1 East, and is addressed as 5650 Doņa Villa Drive. It is described as part of USRS Tract 4-38A recorded in the Office of the Doņa Ana County Clerk on June 23, 2004, in Book 530, Pages 1199-1200, and can be further identified by Map Code # 4-004-130-278-083.
10. CASE # Z09-005/SUMMIT DEVELOPMENT: The applicant, Summit Development, Jerome García of Southwest Engineering, agent, is requesting a Zone Change on an 53.79-acre parcel from ER 5 (Residential, ⅓-acre minimum new lot size, single-family site-built homes) to ER 3 (Residential, 1-acre minimum new lot size, single-family site-built homes) on 46.92-acres, with an EFP (Floodplain District, for areas susceptible to be inundated by water from the base 100-year flood) overlay on 17.98-acres of those 46.92-acres. The applicant seeks a Zone Change from ER 5 to ECN 2 (Private Conservation District, to reserve and protect certain natural environmental features) on the remaining 6.87-acres of the 53.79-acres. The parcels are located north of the City of Las Cruces on Sunland Drive, in Sunland Estates. They are described as being Lots 12-18, and 26-30, Block 10 of the EBL & T Co. Subdivision C within Section 20, Township 23 South, Range 1 East, of the USGLO Surveys, recorded on August 4, 1911 in Book 4, Page 43 in the Doņa Ana County Clerks office. The parcels can be further identified by Map Code Nos. 4-007-129-039-203, 4-007-129-066-188, 4-007-129-080-104, 4-007-129-182-054, and 4-007-129-125-158. The Extra-territorial Zoning Commission, at its regularly scheduled meeting of November 19, 2009, recommended conditional approval, by a vote of 6-1-0.
CASE DOCUMENT 1
CASE DOCUMENT 2
11. PUBLIC INPUT
12. STAFF INPUT
13. AUTHORITY INPUT
Doņa Ana County will ensure effective communication with individuals with disabilities and will, upon request, provide auxiliary communication aids and services to afford those individuals equal opportunity for participation in DAC sponsored meetings, events or activities. Any request should be made to the ADA Coordinator, in writing, or by phone, at least 48 hours prior to the event where that accommodation is needed. If you have any questions regarding examples of reasonable accommodations, please contact the Human Resources Dept., at (575) 647-7210, 845 N. Motel Blvd., Las Cruces, NM 88007.