CHAMBERINO HOUSE FIRE SPARKED BY SPACE HEATER

CHAMBERINO HOUSE FIRE SPARKED BY SPACE HEATER

            Doña Ana County Fire and Emergency Services Department investigators say a fire that completely destroyed a mobile home in Chamberino Tuesday afternoon was caused by an unattended space heater.

The space heater was discovered near a bed and some other furniture inside the home. 

            It took 15 minutes for firefighters from Anthony, La Mesa, La Union and Mesquite to get to the 300 block of San Luis Avenue after being dispatched at 3:25 p.m. A relative who lived next door to the house reportedly called 911.

Investigators spent several hours Wednesday at the home trying to determine the cause of the fire.

The displaced residents are receiving assistance from the American Red Cross.

***** ***** ***** ***** ***** *****

Reporters seeking more information or interviews may call Doña Ana County Sheriff's Department Public Information Communication Specialist Kelly Jameson at (575) 386-4302 or after hours at (575) 635-7168.