The following will be considered at a Special Meeting of the Doña Ana County Board of Commissioners to be held on Friday, June 16, 2006 at 3 p.m. in the Doña Ana County Commission Chambers on the 1st Floor of the Doña Ana County Government Center, 845 North Motel Boulevard, Las Cruces, New Mexico:
1. Roll Call of Commission Members Present and Determination of Quorum.
COMMISSION RECONVENES AS THE COUNTY CANVASSING BOARD IN OPEN SESSION PURSUANT TO THE NEW MEXICO ELECTION CODE, NMSA 1978, §1-13-1
2. A presentation of the canvassed results of the 2006 Primary election by the County Clerk’s Office.
3. An analysis of the 2006 Primary election by Mari Langford-Pavao.
4. The Board will take action, consistent with the Election Code, to declare the results of the 2006 Primary election and direct the clerk’s office to transmit certification of the election to the Secretary of State’s Office, pursuant to §1-13-13.
5. The Doña Ana County Canvassing Board/Board of Commissioners will appoint members to a non-partisan advisory task force whose mission will be to review election training, poll procedures, polling-place assignments and canvassing protocols, then report back to the Commission no later than September 26, 2006.
COMMISSION ADJOURNS AS THE COUNTY CANVASSING BOARD.
NOTE: Doña Ana County will ensure effective communication with individuals with disabilities and will, upon request, provide auxiliary communication aids and services to afford those individuals equal opportunity for participation in Doña Ana County sponsored meetings, events, or activities. Any request should be made to the Americans with Disabilities Act Coordinator, in writing, or by phone, as soon as possible prior to the event at which accommodation is needed. If you have any questions regarding examples of reasonable accommodations, please contact Mary Amos Pierce, ADA Coordinator, at 525-5884 (voice) or 525-5951 (TTY), 845 North Motel Boulevard, Las Cruces, NM 88007.
Spanish language interpretation services are now available upon request for participation in Doña Ana County sponsored meetings, events, or activities. Please contact Erica Gonzales, Health & Human Services Department, at 525-5875, at least 48 hours prior to the event.
Servicios de interpretación en las juntas será disponible por petición. Por favor llame a Erica Gonzalez al 525-5875 por lo menos 48 horas por adelantado para pedir este servicio.