COUNTY DEVELOPMENT REVIEW COMMITTEE SCHEDULES MEETING ON AUGUST 1

COUNTY DEVELOPMENT REVIEW COMMITTEE SCHEDULES MEETING ON AUGUST 1

Meeting Date: 
Tuesday, August 1, 2006 - 10:00am
Agenda: 

DOÑA ANA COUNTY
DEVELOPMENT REVIEW COMMITTEE

Tuesday, August 1, 2006
10:00 am

Board of County Commission Chamber’s
845 N. Motel Boulevard
Las Cruces, New Mexico 88007

AGENDA

1. Approval or Changes to the Agenda
2. Approval of Minutes for July 18, 2006

NEW BUSINESS

3. Discussion and recommendation for proposed cross-section and low water crossing on Dripping Springs Road for the proposed ETZ subdivision, Tesoro Escondido. DVI to discuss.
4. Recommendation to the BOCC from the DRC for the proposed Sierra Norte II Annexation. The proposed annexation encompasses 322.70-acres north of Thurmond Road, south of Peachtree Hills Road, and west of the future extension of Sonoma Ranch Boulevard. The City of Las Cruces P& Z Commission recommended approval of this annexation.
5. Public Input
6. Committee Input
7. Adjourns

******* ******************************** *******

DOÑA ANA COUNTY
DEVELOPMENT REVIEW COMMITTEE

JULY 18, 2006

THESE MINUTES ARE NOT VERBATIM, THEY ARE SUMMERY

MEMBERS PRESENT:
Chuck McMahon-Planning Director
Paul Dugie-Flood Director
Sue Padilla-Water Utilities Director
Jorge Granados-Public Works Director Orlando Fierro-Flood Department
Isabel Melendez (recording secretary)

OTHERS PRESENT:
Katherine Harrison-Planning Department
Rene Molina-Engineering Department
Robert Armijo-Engineering Department
Orlando Fierro-Flood Department
Eddie Chozet-Verde Reality
Robert Gonzales-Quantum Engineering
Sandra Gonzalez-Sunland Park
Veronica Rosales-Sunland Park
Ron King-Skyline Engineering
Mr. Kara-Zia Engineering
Kevin Salcido-Zia Engineering

MEMBERS ABSENT:
Paul Chavez-Fire Marshal

CALL TO ORDER:

1. APPROVAL OR CHANGES TO AGENDA:

Agenda was approved

2. APPROVAL OF MINUTES:
Minutes were approved with correction to page 2

NEW BUISNESS
3. Discussion and recommendation for drainage easements in Linda Vista Estates, a proposed ETZ subdivision on Justin Lane south of the Picacho Hills. Zia Engineering to discuss.

Concerns:
* Who will maintain drainage easement on Justin Lane?
* Erosion and sediment going onto public roadway.
* Sand being deposited from Bolin’s property onto the roadway
* EMS access
* Who will maintain the pond, the Homeowners Association or the County?
Mr. A.K. Kara explains that portion of Justin Lane is outside boundary of the subdivision. This area has no drainage provisions. Drainage is from the road. The road is dedicated for public maintenance. Erosion is not much of a problem in this area. These are one-acre lots. Offered a pond but property owners refused. Other than roads and house pads the property owners would like it left natural. Adjacent to the pond there is 1 house with about a 3% grade, owner has granted an easement.

Motion:
Jorge Granados-Utilities motioned not to accept for ownership or maintenance of the pond, only an easement for access to the culvert.
Mr. Dugie: Seconds the motion.

Mr. Kara: Drainage easement is already there.

Mr. Dugie: What about redesign and removing the pond?

Mr. Granados: If run off is only from the road the water should be very clean, but history has shown that run off won’t be clean. If we accept access easement, it doesn’t mean we accept maintenance responsibility.

Mr. Kara: Has the County accepted other ponds and easements? I think the County has done this in the past. Eventually homeowners will not maintain.

Mr. McMahon: No more discussion

Vote: 3-0 (Sue Padilla absent)

4. Discussion and recommendations of the second review of the first subdivision in the Santa Teresa Master Plan, Paseo Dorado, with the City of Sunland Park representatives.

Veronica Rosales with the City of Sunland Park gave a brief explanation as to why they are here.

Concerns:
* Drainage
* Maintenance of ponds and parks

Mr. Granados: Who will be maintaining the ponds and parks?

Mr. Dugie: Drainage is a concern. Who will maintain and how will we pay for it?
Extended warranties are approximately 5 years instead of the 1 year which is required. Design is incomplete, no disclosure, drainage report or pond detail.

Mr. Dugie: Would like to see the regional ponds included in the plan set.

Mr. Granados: What are the maintenance provisions? Will they be included in the plan set?

Mr. Granados: Grading permit issued, are they aware that grading is changing and pond is getting bigger.

Robert Gonzalez-Quantum: Thinking of re-grading but decided to keep concept the same. Pond got bigger because it needed more dirt.

Mr. Dugie: Getting into a potential water rights issue. Potential being that water will not release in 96 hours.

Mr. Armijo: States he heard more dirt is being moved.

Ron King -Skyline Engineering: Explained that the grade was set at 1.4’ higher because of elevation datum being different. Planning to stick with 1.25 mcy.

Ron King-Sky Engineering: Will submit to Sunland Park and DAC.

Sue Padilla-Utilities: Ron can give a plan set for Kurt to bring up.

Veronica: Will present Preliminary Plat before P&Z, August 2, 2006 @ 6:00pm. Will present detailed design after P&Z meeting, before it goes to final plat approval. Would like to extend an invitation to County staff to the P&Z meeting being held on August 2, 2006. Will be sending staff comments for County review by Monday July 24, 2006. We will move forward for the final once designs are complete.

Mr. McMahon: DAC should provide comments regarding concerns with maintaining the ponds, drainage channels (systems), parks, medians and alleys, versus roadways. . Issues with who and how these will be maintained and paid for it being Verde Realty or Performance Improvement District should be brought up when making the final decision at final plat approval.

Mr. Fierro: Has El Paso MPO received this?

Mr. Granados: Ran traffic model for Verde Realty.

5. Discussion of cost estimates/letter of credit for DAC and ETZ subdivisions. Rene Molina to discuss.

How should the County establish the amount for a letter of credit?

Motion:

Paul Dugie made a motion to use the pricing agreement as a reference in reviewing the LOC submission.

Mr. McMahon: Seconds the motion.

Vote: 2-1

6. PUBLIC INPUT: NONE

7. COMMITTEE INPUT: NONE

8. ADJOUNMENT: 11:33am