MOBILE HOME FIRE IN VADO BELIEVED TO BE ACCIDENTAL

MOBILE HOME FIRE IN VADO BELIEVED TO BE ACCIDENTAL

A mobile home in Vado that caught fire Monday afternoon is likely to be ruled accidental, according to the Doña Ana County Fire Marshal.

The fire was reported at 2:16 p.m. from the 200 block of Esquina, prompting response from the Mesquite, Anthony, La Mesa, South Valley and Mesilla fire departments.

A family of six was in the process of moving out of the rented home, sleeping there only at night. The Red Cross was called in to offer assistance.

No one was home at the time of the fire, and no injuries were reported. The home sustained roof damage and some interior damage, but was not considered a total loss.
***** ***** ***** ***** ***** *****
Reporters seeking more information or interviews may call Doña Ana County Sheriff's Department Public Information Communication Specialist Kelly Jameson at (575) 386-4302.