Taxable value on real and personal property is one third of the total assessed value, minus any allowable exemptions, such as head-of-household or veteran's exemptions. Property in New Mexico is classified as residential or non-residential and is taxed at different rates.
- To check taxes due, use Pay Property Taxes
- To search for all information about individual parcels, use Real Property Search
- Use the 2019 tax rates when calculating estimated property tax.
- Property Tax Levy Certificate
Example Of Calculating Applicable Tax
|Full Value Of Property||Total Assessed Value||$ 100,000|
|Calculate Taxable Value||
Total Assessed Value / 3
$ 100,000 / 3
Head of Family = $ 2,000
Veterans Exemption = $ 4,000
$2,000 + $4,0000 = $ 6,000
|- $ 6,000|
|Net Taxable Value||$ 27,333|
|Calculate Total Taxes Owed||
Net Taxable Value * Mil Rate
$ 27,333 *0.031508
District 02 : In the city limits of Las Cruces at 2019 residential tax rate of 0.031508. See below for tax rates elsewhere.
Click on the map to open a full size school district map.
|TAX DISTRICT||CLASS||2018||2019||% DIFFERENCE|
|02 (Las Cuces-In)||Residential||0.031315||0.031508||0.62%|
|02 (Las Cuces-In)||Non-residential||0.034546||0.034540||-0.02%|
|03 (Las Cruces-Out)||Residential||0.023782||0.023921||0.58%|
|03 (Las Cruces-Out)||Non-residential||0.026657||0.026674||0.06%|
|16 (Sunland Park-In)||Residential||0.036862||0.037015||0.42%|
|16 (Sunland Park-In)||Non-residential||0.041017||0.040973||-0.11%|
|*18 Incorporated (Anthony)||Residential||0.030468||0.033094||8.62%|
|*18 Incorporated (Anthony)||Non-residential||0.033367||0.035873||7.51%|
* For taxation purposes, the incorporation of the City of Anthony has resulted in the need to create a new school district. The parcels within the City of Anthony have a tax area id of "18IN".
PLEASE NOTE: The rates above include the flood rate of 0.001261.
The Assessor's Office converted to a new system and the tax area id corresponds to the school district based on the map above. Example: School District 02 has a tax area id of 2 In.