- The applicant must first obtain a New Mexico Tax ID number from the NM Taxation and Revenue Dept.
- Submit a complete business registration application to the Planning Department for zoning approval.
- If the business is home based, a Home Occupation Business Registration form must be submitted along with the initial business registration form.
- NOTE*** An application must be completed for each business location.
Business Registration Process
- New business must submit registration fee before engaging in business.
- Upon Approval from the Planning Department, the approved business registration form must be registered with the County Clerk.
- An application must be completed for each business and there is a $35.00 fee for each business location.
- The fee is for the calendar year (January 1-December 31), and is not pro-rated.
- Business certificates are not issued until all fees due are paid.
Renewal of Business Registration
- Renewal form is available at the County Clerk’s Office.
- The renewal form does not need Planning approval as long as the physical location of the business has not changed.
- Renewing business fees are due by March 16th. Renewal fee is $35. If paid after that date, a delinquent penalty of $10.00 will be incurred.
- Renewal forms must be accompanied by a HAZARDOUS MATERIALS INVENTORY form from the Office of Emergency Management.
Cancellation of Business Registration
- To cancel, the business owner can fill out a renewal form and check the cancellation box at the bottom of the form and return it to the County Clerk's Office.
- The owner can also submit a signed letter to the County Clerk's Office to request cancellation of the business registration. There is no cancellation fee.
Vendor License Registration
- Vendors must obtain a license from the County before engaging in business.
- Itinerant Vendors engaging in business in the service area of Doña Ana County shall pay an annual license fee of thirty five dollars ($35.00).
- Temporary, Site-Specific Vendors shall pay a license fee at the rate of five dollars ($5.00) per day up to and not exceeding twenty five dollars ($25.00) for the entire one hundred twenty (120) day maximum allowable period for each site.
- An application must be completed for each business.
- Business Registration Form – (PDF - 140k)
- Vendor License Application Form – (PDF - 256k)
- Home Occupation Business Registration Form – (PDF - 232k)
- Renewal of Business Registration Form – (PDF - 147k)
- Hazardous Materials Inventory Form – (PDF - 86k)