AMENDED: COUNTY COMMISSION SCHEDULES REGULAR MEETING ON APRIL 26, 2016
AMENDED: COUNTY COMMISSION SCHEDULES REGULAR MEETING ON APRIL 26, 2016
FULL AMENDED AGENDA PACKET: BOCC_packet_04222016.pdf (PDF - 11.89MB)
The following will be considered at the Regular Meeting of the Doña Ana County Board of County Commissioners to be held on Tuesday, April 26, 2016 at 9:00 a.m. in the Doña Ana County Commission Chambers, 1st Floor, Doña Ana County Government Center, 845 North Motel Boulevard, Las Cruces:
- Pledge of Allegiance
- Roll Call of Commission Members Present and Determination of Quorum
COMMISSION CONVENES AS THE BOARD OF COUNTY COMMISSIONERS AND THE COUNTY BOARD OF FINANCE IN OPEN SESSION.
- CHANGES TO THE AGENDA – Julia T. Brown, County Manager, will discuss
- PET SHOWCASE – ASCMV Staff will present
1. MINUTES – Approval of the Minutes of Regular Meeting of April 12, 2016 and April 19, 2016 Work Session
- PUBLIC INPUT
- COUNTY ELECTED OFFICIALS’ INPUT
- STAFF INPUT
- COMMISSION INPUT
2. Proclamation Recognizing the National Day of Prayer on May 5, 2016 and Declaring Doña Ana County’s Intention to Participate in a Celebration – Introduced by District 3 Commissioner Benjamin Rawson; Jess Williams, Public Information Director/Commission Liaison, will read the Proclamation.
3. Proclamation Declaring April 28th as ‘PTSD Awareness Day’ in Doña Ana County – Jess Williams, Public Information Director/Commission Liaison will read the Proclamation.
4. Proclaim the Month of April to be Volunteer Month in Doña County in Conjunction with National Volunteer Month – Introduced by Jamie Michael, Health and Human Services Director; Jess Williams, Public Information Director/Commission Liaison will read the Proclamation.
5. Proclamation Declaring April 30th as Convoy of Hope Day in Doña Ana County – Introduced by District 3 County Commissioner Benjamin L. Rawson; Jess Williams, Public Information Director/Commission Liaison will read the Proclamation.
6. Presentation of Doña Ana Sheriff’s Office Staffing Study Conducted by Alexander Weiss Consulting, LLC – Julia Brown, County Manager, will introduce Dr. Weiss.
CONSENT AGENDA - The Board will be asked to approve by one motion the following items of recurring or routine business:
7. Approve Task Order to RoofCARE through CES Contracts for Del Cerro Community Center Re-Roof and Delegate Signature Authority to County Manager for all Documents – Armando Cordero, Facilities Manager, will discuss.
8. Approve the Purchase of One 12 Passenger Shuttle Bus for Doña Ana County Seniors from Creative Bus Sales through Contract NMDOT #50-805-14-11788 and Delegate Signature Authority to County Manager for all Documents – Armando Cordero, Facilities Manager, will discuss.
9. Approve the Purchase of Two 15 Passenger Vans for Doña Ana County Seniors from Power Ford through Contract Agreement #50-000-14-00033 and Delegate Signature Authority to County Manager for all Documents – Armando Cordero, Facilities Manager, will discuss.
10. Accept Sub-Grant Agreement EMW-2015-EP-00066-S01-Doña Ana County-TEMPW (Terrorism and Emergency Management Planning Workshop) from the New Mexico Department of Homeland Security and Emergency Management and Approve Related Budget Revision and Resolution, and Delegate Signature Authority to County Manager for Future Sub-Grant Agreement Amendments – Eric Crespin, Acting Fire Chief, will discuss.
11. Accept a Grant Award for Illegal Dumping Outreach from the Walmart Foundation for $1,000.00, Approve a Budget Resolution and Revision and Delegate Signature Authority to the County Manager to Amend and Renew – Vicki Lusk, Manager Animal Controls and Codes, Community Development, will discuss.
12. Approve Resolution Revising the Jetport Budget for Fiscal Year 2016 and Delegate Signature Authority to the County Manager to Sign Related Documents – Bill Provance, Jetport Manager, will discuss.
13. Approve Out-of-State Travel for Health and Human Services Director to Attend the National Association of Counties Annual Conference, in Los Angeles, July 21 through July 25, 2016 – Jamie Michael, Health and Human Services Director, will discuss.
14. Approve Out-of-State Travel for Lt. Ben Mendoza to Attend EEO Training for New Investigators in Dallas, Texas, May 8-14, 2016 – Chris Barela, Director, Detention Center, will discuss.
15. Approve Award of Request for Proposal 16-0026 for External Auditor Services and Delegate Signature Authority to the County Manager for Related Contract Documents – Don Bullard, Purchasing Manager, Finance Department, will discuss.
16. Appoint One Member to Serve on the Mesilla Valley Public Housing Authority Commission for a Five-Year Term – Janine Divyak, Chief Planner, Community Development, will discuss.
17. Appoint Four Planning and Zoning Commission Members to Serve Two-Year Terms – Janine Divyak, Chief Planner, Community Development, will discuss.
18. Approve Group Insurance Coverage for Medical Renewal Rates for Active Employees and Retiree Benefits for FY17 – Lani Davis, Senior Human Resources Administrator, will discuss.
19. Approval of Detention Center Advisory Committee – Julia Brown, County Manager, will discuss.
20. Lynn Ellins, County Clerk, will present to the Commission any claims received by Doña Ana County.
COMMISSION MAY CONVENE IN CLOSED SESSION subject to the attorney-client privilege to discuss threatened or pending litigation, Beth Vesco-Mock, Ph. D, v. Doña Ana County Sheriff’s Department and Curtis Childress, D-307-CV-2015-01802; Mark Hiles v. Doña Ana County, et. al., D-307-CV-2016-00129; and City of Española, et. al., v. County Commission of Santa Fe County, et. al., D-307-CV-2015-01396; and to discuss a limited personnel matter regarding the County Manager as authorized by the Open Meetings Act, NMSA 1978, § 10-15-1 (H)(7) & (2).
COMMISSION MAY CONVENE IN OPEN SESSION to take action, if any, on the closed session items.
COMMISSION ADJOURNS AS THE BOARD OF COUNTY COMMISSIONERS AND THE COUNTY BOARD OF FINANCE IN OPEN SESSION.
THIS AGENDA IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE
NOTE: Doña Ana County will ensure effective communication with individuals with disabilities and will, upon request, provide auxiliary communication aids and services to afford those individuals equal opportunity for participation in Doña Ana County sponsored meetings, events, or activities. Any request should be made to the Americans with Disabilities Act Coordinator, in writing, or by phone, as soon as possible prior to the event at which accommodation is needed. If you have any questions regarding examples of reasonable accommodations, please contact the ADA Coordinator, at 525-5884 (voice) or 525-2951 (TTY), 845 N. Motel Blvd. Las Cruces, NM 88007.
Spanish language interpretation services are now available upon request for participation in Doña Ana County sponsored meetings, events, or activities. Please contact the Health & Human Services Department at 525-5870, at least 48 hours prior to the event. Servicios de interpretación en las juntas será disponible por petición. Por favor en contacto el Departamento de Salud y Servicios Humanos al 525-5870 por lo menos 48 horas por adelantado para pedir este servicio.