COUNTY COMMISSION SCHEDULES REGULAR MEETING ON APRIL 25, 2017
COUNTY COMMISSION SCHEDULES REGULAR MEETING ON APRIL 25, 2017
FULL AGENDA PACKET: BOCC_Packet_2017-04-25.pdf (9.78MB)
The following will be considered at the Regular Meeting of the Doña Ana County Board of County Commissioners to be held on Tuesday, April 25, 2017 at 9:00 a.m. in the Doña Ana County Commission Chambers, 1st Floor, Doña Ana County Government Center, 845 North Motel Boulevard, Las Cruces:
- Pledge of Allegiance
- Roll Call of Commission Members Present and Determination of Quorum
THE DOÑA ANA COUNTY BOARD OF COUNTY COMMISSIONERS CONVENES AS THE BOARD OF COUNTY COMMISSIONERS AND THE COUNTY BOARD OF FINANCE IN OPEN SESSION.
· CHANGES TO THE AGENDA – Julia T. Brown, County Manager, will discuss
· PET SHOWCASE – ASCMV Staff will present
1. MINUTES – Approval of the Minutes of the Regular Meeting of April 11, 2017 and the April 18, 2017 Work Session
2. PUBLIC INPUT
COUNTY ELECTED OFFICIALS’ INPUT
3. A Proclamation Declaring April 28 as ‘PTSD Awareness Day’ in Doña Ana County – Read by Jess Williams, Public Information/Commission Liaison.
4. A Resolution Recognizing the National Day of Prayer on May 4, 2017, and Declaring May 4, 2017, as a County Day of Prayer in Doña Ana County – Introduced and read by Chairman Isabella Solis.
5. Presentation of Contracts Executed from April 7, 2017 - April 21, 2017 – Pamela Wood, Contract Administrator, will discuss.
6. Presentation of the Prescription Drug Overdose and Opioid Overdose Related Deaths Project – Jamie Michael, Director, Health and Human Services, will discuss.
7. Update on El Paso Electric Rate Cases and Related Filings – Tom Figart, Legal Department, will discuss.
CONSENT AGENDA - The Board will be asked to approve by one motion the following items of recurring or routine business:
8. Approve Budget Resolution and Budget Revision to Allocate Operating Budget to Capital for the Santa Teresa Substation, Organ Fire District, and La Union Fire District – Eric Crespin, Interim Fire Chief, will discuss.
9. Approve Purchase of OHD Fit Tester for New Mexico State University (NMSU) Fire Department District 3 and Delegate Signature Authority to County Manager for Related Contract Documents – Eric Crespin, Interim Fire Chief, will discuss.
10. Approve Purchase of a UST Tender Fire Apparatus Utilizing a HGAC Contract for Organ Fire District 5 and Delegate Signature Authority to County Manager for Related Contract Documents – Eric Crespin, Interim Fire Chief, will discuss.
11. Approve Out-of-State Travel for Community Development Employees, Animal Controls/Codes Employees to Attend National Animal Control and Human Officer (NACHO) Certification School training, in Birmingham, AL, May 8 – 12, 2017 – Vicki Lusk, Manager, Animal Controls & Codes, will discuss.
12. Approve Out-of-State Travel for One (1) Engineering/Roads Staff Member to Attend the PIX4D User Workshop in Dallas, Texas, May 10-11, 2017 – Robert Armijo, Engineering/Roads Department Director, will discuss.
13. Accept and Approve Grant Award for Illegal Dumping Outreach from the Walmart Foundation for $250.00, Approve a Budget Resolution and Revision and Delegate Signature Authority to the County Manager to Amend and Renew – Vicki Lusk, Manager, Animal Controls & Codes, will discuss.
14. Approve Award of Contract for Fiscal Year 2017 with La Clinica De Familia in the Amount of $270,000 for the Provision of Startup Costs at the Teaching Community Health Center and Delegate Signature Authority to the County Manager for all Related Contract Documents – Jamie Michael, Director, Health and Human Services, will discuss.
15. Approve the Purchase of EPIC three (3) Radio Direct Interface Amplifier and Lapel Speaker Mics for New Mexico State University (NMSU) Fire Department District 3 and Delegate Signature Authority to County Manager for Related Contract Documents – Eric Crespin, Interim Fire Chief, will discuss.
16. Approve Award from the New Mexico Department of Health for Zika Virus Disease Public Health Emergency Preparedness, Approve Related Budget Revision and Resolution and Delegate Signature Authority to the County Manager for all Related Documents – Eric Crespin, Interim Fire Chief, will discuss.
17. Approve Budget Revision and Resolution Transferring Budget Between Capital Accounts Allowing for Utilization of SPA 70-000-16-00004 to Purchase one (1) 2017 Chevy Tahoe and all Related Law Enforcement Equipment and Delegate Signature Authority to the County Manager for all Necessary Documents – Enrique Vigil, Sheriff, will discuss.
18. Approve Budget Revision and Budget Resolution to Reallocate Operating Budget to Capital from 1% Assessor Fund – Paul Ponce, Chief Deputy Assessor, will discuss.
19. Approve Award of Federal Grant FEMA-4199-DR-NM for Storm Warning System Weather Stations and Delegate Signature Authority to the County Manager – Paul Dugie, Director, Flood Commission, will discuss.
20. Resolve to Limit Adoptable-Pet Presentations to the Second Regular Meeting of the Doña Ana County Board of Commissioners – Introduced by District 3 County Commissioner Benjamin Rawson.
21. Appoint Three Planning and Zoning Commission Members to Serve Two-Year Terms – Janine Divyak, Chief Planner, Community Development, will discuss.
22. Approval of a Beer Wholesaler Liquor License for Picacho Peak Brewing Co., LLC – Scott Krahling, County Clerk, will discuss.
23. Scott Krahling, County Clerk, will present to the Commission any claims received by Doña Ana County.
THE DOÑA ANA COUNTY BOARD OF COUNTY COMMISSIONERS MAY CONVENE IN CLOSED SESSION, 1) Pursuant to the attorney-client privilege to discuss pending threatening litigation regarding El Paso Electric Company rate cases and other related matters before the New Mexico Public Regulation Commission; 2) to discuss bargaining negotiations with the International Association of Fire Firefighter (IAFF) Local 5037; American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees, NM Council 18, Local 1879 (Court Security), Local 1529 (Detention Center) and Local 2709 (Blue Collar); and the Communications Workers of America, Local 7911; and, 2) discuss limited personnel matters related to the County Manager as authorized by the Open Meetings Act, NMSA 1978, § 10-15-1 (H)(2)(5) and (7) respectively.
THE DOÑA ANA COUNTY BOARD OF COUNTY COMMISSIONERS MAY CONVENE IN OPEN SESSION to take action, if any, on the closed session items.
24. Discuss and Take Action, if Appropriate, on County Manager Julia Brown’s Employment Contract – Vice-Chairman District 5 Commissioner John Vasquez will discuss.
THE DOÑA ANA COUNTY BOARD OF COUNTY COMMISSIONERS ADJOURNS AS THE BOARD OF COUNTY COMMISSIONERS AND THE COUNTY BOARD OF FINANCE IN OPEN SESSION.
THIS AGENDA IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE
NOTE: Doña Ana County will ensure effective communication with individuals with disabilities and will, upon request, provide auxiliary communication aids and services to afford those individuals equal opportunity for participation in Doña Ana County sponsored meetings, events, or activities. Any request should be made to the Americans with Disabilities Act Coordinator, in writing, or by phone, at least two business days prior to the event at which accommodation is needed. If you have any questions regarding examples of reasonable accommodations, please contact the ADA Coordinator, at 525-5884 (voice) or 525-2951 (TTY), 845 N. Motel Blvd. Las Cruces, NM 88007.
Spanish language interpretation services are now available upon request for participation in Doña Ana County sponsored meetings, events, or activities. Please contact the Community & Constituent Services Office at 525-6163, at least 48 hours prior to the event. Servicios de interpretación en las juntas será disponible por petición. Por favor en contacto la Oficina de Servicio a la Comunidad y Constituyentes 525-6163 por lo menos dos días hábiles por adelantado para pedir este servicio.