COUNTY COMMISSION SCHEDULES REGULAR MEETING ON DECEMBER 12, 2017
COUNTY COMMISSION SCHEDULES REGULAR MEETING ON DECEMBER 12, 2017
AGENDA PACKET: BOCC_PACKET_2017-12-12.pdf (40.12mb)
The following will be considered at the Regular Meeting of the Doña Ana County Board of County Commissioners to be held on Tuesday, December 12, 2017 at 9:00 a.m. in the Doña Ana County Commission Chambers, 1st Floor, Doña Ana County Government Center, 845 North Motel Boulevard, Las Cruces:
- Pledge of Allegiance
- Roll Call of Commission Members Present and Determination of Quorum
THE DOÑA ANA COUNTY BOARD OF COUNTY COMMISSIONERS CONVENES AS THE BOARD OF COUNTY COMMISSIONERS AND THE COUNTY BOARD OF FINANCE IN OPEN SESSION.
- CHANGES TO THE AGENDA – Chuck McMahon, Interim County Manager, will discuss
1. MINUTES – Approval of the Minutes of the November 21, 2017 Work Session and the Regular Meeting of November 28, 2017
2. EMPLOYEE RECOGNITION – The Commission will recognize Doña Ana County Employees for their years of service to Doña Ana County – Jess Williams, Public Information Director/Commission Liaison, will present.
Name Department Years of Service
James Williams Fire & Emergency Services 5
Margaret Haines Human Resources 5
Willie Amador Road Department 5
David Burciaga Road Department 5
Dawn Apodaca Sheriff’s Department 10
Terry Vielma Sheriff’s Department 10
Irene Reza Clerk’s Office 10
Larry Trujillo Sheriff’s Department 10
Martin Espana Facilities & Parks 10
Stacy Reyes Sheriff’s Department 10
Manuel Ramirez Sheriff’s Department 10
Cindy Beakley Engineering 15
Marisela Singh Detention Center 15
Houshang Solhjoo Sheriff’s Department 15
Leonard Torrez Sheriff’s Department Retiring - 10 years
Brock Harvell Sheriff’s Department Retiring - 15 years
Steve Gonzales Fleet Department Retiring - 29 years
3. PUBLIC INPUT
COUNTY ELECTED OFFICIALS’ INPUT
4. Proclaim 2018 as the Year of the League of Women Voters of Greater Las Cruces throughout Doña Ana County – Jess Williams, Director, Public Information, will read the Proclamation.
5. Present Summary of Doña Ana County’s Americans with Disabilities Act Self-Evaluation/Transition Plan – Meg Haines, Human Resources, will present.
6 . The Gross Receipts Tax Designations – Nelson Goodin, County Attorney, will present.
CONSENT AGENDA – The Board will be asked to approve by one motion the following items of recurring or routine business:
7. Accept Doña Ana County Contracts Executed between November 13th 2017 and November 24th, 2017 – Pamela Wood, Contract Administrator, Purchasing Department, will discuss.
8. Accept Doña Ana County Treasurer’s Financial Report for the Month of October, 2017 – Eric Rodriguez, County Treasurer, will discuss.
9. Approve Award of Request for Proposal #18-0024 for a Web-Based Renewable Energy Mapping Tool as Part of the Joint Land Use Study Implementation Grant (Project) and Delegate Signature Authority to the County Manager for Related Contract Documents, Amendments or Change Orders, and Renewals – Daniel Hortert, Manager, Economic Development, will discuss.
10. Approve Out-of-State Travel for Animal Control Employee to Attend 40 Hour National Animal Cruelty Investigation (ACI) Certification School Training, in Irving, TX, January 22 – 26, 2018 – Vicki Lusk, Manager, Animal Controls & Codes, will discuss.
CONSENT AGENDA - Continued
11. Approve the Purchase of a 2018 F-450 4x4 Crew Cab Truck Utilizing CES Contract #16-018B-C101 and Delegate Signature Authority to the County Manager for Related Documents – John Gwynne, Flood Director, will discuss.
12. Approve Out-of-State Travel for Health and Human Services Department Staff to Attend the National Council for Behavioral Health Conference in Washington D.C. – Jamie Michael, Director, Health and Human Services, will discuss.
13. Accept and Approve Grant Award for the Countywide Read Across America Day Program from the Stocker Foundation; Approve a Budget Resolution and Revision and Delegate
Signature Authority to the County Manager on all Related Documents – Liz Reed, Manager, Community and Constituent Services, will discuss.
14. Accept Sub-Grant Agreement HM-HMP-0579-16-County of Doña Ana from New Mexico Department of Homeland Security and Emergency Management, Approve Out-of-State Travel, Approve Related Budget Revision and Resolution, and Delegate Signature Authority to County Manager – Fire Chief Nicholas Hempel will discuss.
15. Approve Donation of One Used and Out-of-Service Fire Apparatus to the Piños Altos Volunteer Fire Rescue Department, and Delegate Signature Authority to County Manager For Related Contract Documents – Fire Chief Nicholas Hempel will discuss.
16. Approve Award of a Sole Source Contract for the Juvenile Jail Control System and Delegate Signature Authority to the County Manager for Related Contract Documents – Captain Vicki Hooser, Detention Center, will discuss.
17. Approve a Resolution Authorizing and Approving Submission of Applications for Financial Assistance for Infrastructure and Planning Projects to the New Mexico Finance Authority Under the Colonias Infrastructure Fund, and Delegation of Signature Authority to the County Manager for all Related Documents – Robert Armijo, Interim Assistant County Manager, will discuss.
18. Approve Resolution Supporting the Name Change of Motel Boulevard to Pat Garrett Boulevard and to give the County Manager Signature Authority for all Related Petitions or Documents – District 1 County Commissioner Billy Garrett will discuss.
19. Appoint Three Members to the Doña Ana County Americans with Disabilities Act Advisory Committee (ADAAC) – Meg Haines, Human Resources, will discuss.
20. Approve Resolution Adopting Command Staff Pay Table for Doña Ana County Sheriff’s Department and Delegate Signature Authority to the County Manager to Sign all Necessary Documents – Enrique Vigil, Sheriff, will discuss.
21. Amend Doña Ana County’s 2019-2023 Infrastructure Capital Improvement Plan (ICIP) to Add Berry Patch Lane, Subject to DFA Approval, and Delegate Signature Authority to the Commission Chair for Letter to DFA – District 4 Commissioner, Chair Isabella Solis, will discuss.
22. Adopt a County Water and Sanitation Gross Receipts Tax – Scott Krahling, County Clerk, will discuss.
23. Adopt Resolution Calling for Election on Question of Imposing a County Water and Sanitation Gross Receipts Tax – Scott Krahling, County Clerk, will discuss.
24. Adopt Ordinance that will Repeal Ordinance Number 162-95 and Amend Ordinance Number 124-93 Relating to the Dedication of the County Third One-Eighth Gross Receipt Tax – District 3 County Commissioner Benjamin Rawson will discuss.
25. Approve Resolution Rescinding Gross Receipts Tax Use Restrictions Imposed by Resolution – District 3 County Commissioner Benjamin Rawson will discuss.
26. Cindy Padilla, County Clerk’s Office, will present to the Commission any claims received by Doña Ana County.
THE DOÑA ANA COUNTY BOARD OF COUNTY COMMISSIONERS MAY CONVENE IN CLOSED SESSION THE DOÑA ANA COUNTY BOARD OF COUNTY COMMISSIONERS MAY CONVENE IN OPEN SESSION to discuss pending or threatened litigation involving the Griggs and Walnut Superfund Site, as authorized in the Open Meetings Act, NMSA 1978 §10-15-1(H)(7).
THE DOÑA ANA COUNTY BOARD OF COUNTY COMMISSIONERS ADJOURNS AS THE BOARD OF COUNTY COMMISSIONERS AND THE COUNTY BOARD OF FINANCE IN OPEN SESSION.
THIS AGENDA IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE
NOTE: Doña Ana County will ensure effective communication with individuals with disabilities and will, upon request, provide auxiliary communication aids and services to afford those individuals equal opportunity for participation in Doña Ana County sponsored meetings, events, or activities. Any request should be made to the Americans with Disabilities Act Coordinator, in writing, or by phone, at least two business days prior to the event at which accommodation is needed. If you have any questions regarding examples of reasonable accommodations, please contact the ADA Coordinator, at 525-5884 (voice) or 525-2951 (TTY), 845 N. Motel Blvd. Las Cruces, NM 88007.
Spanish language interpretation services are now available upon request for participation in Doña Ana County sponsored meetings, events, or activities. Please contact the Community & Constituent Services Office at 525-6163, at least 48 hours prior to the event. Servicios de interpretación en las juntas será disponible por petición. Por favor en contacto la Oficina de Servicio a la Comunidad y Constituyentes 525-6163 por lo menos dos días hábiles por adelantado para pedir este servicio.