COUNTY COMMISSION SCHEDULES REGULAR MEETING ON MAY 23, 2017
COUNTY COMMISSION SCHEDULES REGULAR MEETING ON MAY 23, 2017
FULL AGENDA PACKET: BOCC_Packet_2017-05-23.pdf (PDF- 44mb)
The following will be considered at the Regular Meeting of the Doña Ana County Board of County Commissioners to be held on Tuesday, May 23, 2017 at 9:00 a.m. in the Doña Ana County Commission Chambers, 1st Floor, Doña Ana County Government Center, 845 North Motel Boulevard, Las Cruces:
- Pledge of Allegiance
- Roll Call of Commission Members Present and Determination of Quorum
THE DOÑA ANA COUNTY BOARD OF COUNTY COMMISSIONERS CONVENES AS THE BOARD OF COUNTY COMMISSIONERS, THE COUNTY BOARD OF FINANCE, AND THE COUNTY BOARD OF APPEALS IN OPEN SESSION.
· CHANGES TO THE AGENDA – Chuck McMahon, Interim County Manager, will discuss
· PET SHOWCASE – ASCMV Staff will present
1. MINUTES – Approval of the Minutes of the Regular Meeting of May 9, 2017 and the May 16, 2017 Work Session
2. PUBLIC INPUT
COUNTY ELECTED OFFICIALS’ INPUT
3. Proclaim the Month of May to be National Emergency Medical Services and Trauma Awareness Month in Doña Ana County – Introduced by Jamie Michael, Health and Human Services Director; and Eric Crespin, Interim Fire Chief; Jess Williams, Director, Public Information/Special Projects, will read the Proclamation.
4. Presentation of the List of Contracts Signed from May 5 – May 19, 2017 – Pamela Wood, Contract Administrator, will discuss.
5. Presentation and Discussion of Affordable Housing Financing Mechanisms: A Feasibility Analysis and Affordable Housing Loan Fund Business Plan – Chuck McMahon, Interim County Manager, will discuss.
6. Presentation and Discussion of Property Assisted Clean Energy (PACE) Program – Chuck McMahon, Interim County Manager, will discuss.
CONSENT AGENDA - The Board will be asked to approve by one motion the following items of recurring or routine business:
7. Resolution Donating a Painting from the Doña Ana County Permanent Collection to the Las Cruces Elks Lodge – District 5 Vice-Chairman John Vasquez, will discuss.
8. Approve Out-of-State Travel for Lieutenants to Attend EEO Training for New Investigators, One in Atlanta, Georgia June 12-16, 2017 and 2nd in Washington, D.C. October 23-27, 2017 – Chris Barela, Director, Detention Center, will discuss.
9. Approve Award of Request for Proposal 17-0015 Inmate Telecommunication Services and Delegate Signature Authority to the County Manager for Related Contract Documents – Chris Barela, Director, Detention Center, will discuss.
10. Approve Assignment of Santa Teresa Airport Hangar T-11 Condominiums, Deed for Leasehold Condominium Interest Unit #5, from Leon Development, LLC, to Mike McNamee and Marcia McNamee and Delegate Signature Authority to the County Manager for the Assignment and all Related Documents – Bill Provance, Airport Manager, will discuss.
11. Approve Purchase of CenturyLink Services up to $65,000 Annually and Delegate Signature Authority to the County Manager – Bob Bunting, Infrastructure Manager, IT Department, will discuss.
12. Approve Purchase of Server Equipment in the Amount of $63,936.04 Under the Advanced Network Management State Purchasing Agreement #40-000-13-00020 WAN/LAN, Approve Associated Budget Revision and Resolution to Reallocate Operating Budget to Capital and Delegate Signature Authority to the County Manager – Bob Bunting, Infrastructure Manager, IT Department, will discuss.
13. Approve Utilization of SPA 70-000-16-00037AA to Purchase 160 Tactec Carriers and Special Threat Plates – Enrique Vigil, Sheriff, will discuss.
14. Approve Utilization of GSA Contract #GS07F0004Y to Purchase 3 Automated License Plate Reader Speed Trailers and Associated Budget Revision and Resolution – Enrique Vigil, Sheriff, will discuss.
15. Approve Utilization of SPA 70-000-16-00004 to Purchase Three 2017 Chevrolet Tahoes – Enrique Vigil, Sheriff, will discuss.
16. Approve Resolution Adopting Doña Ana County’s FY2017-2018 Preliminary Budget – Jo Ann Rowe, Financial Services Director, will discuss.
17. Approve Resolution Increasing Liquid Waste Discharge Fee – Nora Oliver, Office Supervisor, Utilities Department, will discuss.
18. Approve Resolution Increasing Wastewater Utility Rates – Nora Oliver, Office Supervisor, Utilities Department, will discuss.
APPROVALS - Continued
19. Approve Resolution Superseding Resolution 2013-57 to Amend the Purpose of the Crisis Triage Center – Jamie Michael, Director, Health and Human Services Department, will discuss.
20. Approve Resolution Establishing a Film Advisory Committee – District 5 Commissioner Vice-Chair John Vasquez, will discuss.
21. Approve the Re-Appoint of Two Members from the Local Banking Community, William Jacobs (White Sands Federal Credit Union) and George Ruth (Citizens Bank); and One Private Citizen, Dr. Chris Erickson (NMSU), to the Doña Ana County Investment Advisory Committee – Eric Rodriguez, County Treasurer, will discuss.
22. Approve Publication of Title and General Summary and Notice to Hold a Public Hearing to Consider and Adopt an Ordinance Approving the Las Cruces Community Farms, LLLP Local Development Act (“LEDA”) Project Proposal and Approve the Project Participation Agreement, the Intergovernmental Agreement and the Guaranty Agreement and Delegate Signature Authority to the Interim County Manager for the Documents Cited and Other Required Documents – Chuck McMahon, Interim County Manager, will discuss.
23. Approve Resolution Establishing a Utilities Advisory Committee – District 5 Commissioner Vice-Chair John Vasquez, will discuss.
24. Approve Payment to Infosend for Printing & Mailing Services for the Budgeted Assessor’s 2017 Notice of Value – Paul Ponce, Chief Deputy Assessor, will discuss.
THE DOÑA ANA COUNTY BOARD OF COUNTY COMMISSIONERS RECONVENES AS THE COUNTY BOARD OF APPEALS IN OPEN SESSION.
25. Approve a Special Use Permit for a Winery and Wine Tasting Room – Luis Marmolejo, Senior Planner, Community Development, will discuss.
THE DOÑA ANA COUNTY BOARD OF COUNTY COMMISSIONERS ADJOURNS AS THE COUNTY BOARD OF APPEALS IN OPEN SESSION.
26. Scott Krahling, County Clerk, will present to the Commission any claims received by Doña Ana County.
THE DOÑA ANA COUNTY BOARD OF COUNTY COMMISSIONERS MAY CONVENE IN CLOSED SESSION, to discuss a limited personnel matter related to the search criteria and process to be used to recruit a permanent County Manager; pursuant to the attorney-client privilege to discuss pending threatening litigation regarding El Paso Electric Company’s 2017 Renewable Energy Plan before the New Mexico Public Regulatory Commission; to discuss bargaining strategy preliminary to collective bargaining negotiations with the International Association of Fire Firefighter (IAFF) Local 5037; American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees, NM Council 18, Local 1529 (Detention Center), and Local 1879 (Court Security), and Local 2709 (Blue Collar); as authorized by the Open Meetings Act, NMSA 1978, § 10-15-1 (H)(2)(5) and (7) respectively.
THE DOÑA ANA COUNTY BOARD OF COUNTY COMMISSIONERS MAY CONVENE IN OPEN SESSION to take action, if any, on the closed session items.
THE DOÑA ANA COUNTY BOARD OF COUNTY COMMISSIONERS ADJOURNS AS THE BOARD OF COUNTY COMMISSIONERS AND THE COUNTY BOARD OF FINANCE IN OPEN SESSION.
THIS AGENDA IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE
NOTE: Doña Ana County will ensure effective communication with individuals with disabilities and will, upon request, provide auxiliary communication aids and services to afford those individuals equal opportunity for participation in Doña Ana County sponsored meetings, events, or activities. Any request should be made to the Americans with Disabilities Act Coordinator, in writing, or by phone, at least two business days prior to the event at which accommodation is needed. If you have any questions regarding examples of reasonable accommodations, please contact the ADA Coordinator, at 525-5884 (voice) or 525-2951 (TTY), 845 N. Motel Blvd. Las Cruces, NM 88007. Spanish language interpretation services are now available upon request for participation in Doña Ana County sponsored meetings, events, or activities. Please contact the Community & Constituent Services Office at 525-6163, at least 48 hours prior to the event. Servicios de interpretación en las juntas será disponible por petición. Por favor en contacto la Oficina de Servicio a la Comunidad y Constituyentes 525-6163 por lo menos dos días hábiles por adelantado para pedir este servicio.