COUNTY COMMISSION SCHEDULES REGULAR MEETING ON MAY 24, 2016
COUNTY COMMISSION SCHEDULES REGULAR MEETING ON MAY 24, 2016
Agenda Packet: BOCC_Packet_2016-05-24.pdf (pdf 25mb)
The following will be considered at the Regular Meeting of the Doña Ana County Board of County Commissioners to be held on Tuesday, May 24, 2016 at 9:00 a.m. in the Doña Ana County Commission Chambers, 1st Floor, Doña Ana County Government Center, 845 North Motel Boulevard, Las Cruces:
- Pledge of Allegiance
- Roll Call of Commission Members Present and Determination of Quorum
COMMISSION CONVENES AS THE BOARD OF COUNTY COMMISSIONERS AND THE COUNTY BOARD OF FINANCE IN OPEN SESSION.
- CHANGES TO THE AGENDA – Julia T. Brown, County Manager, will discuss
- PET SHOWCASE – ASCMV Staff will present
1. MINUTES – Approval of the Minutes of Regular Meeting of May 10, 2016, and Work Session of May 17, 2016
· PUBLIC INPUT
· COUNTY ELECTED OFFICIALS’ INPUT
· STAFF INPUT
· COMMISSION INPUT
2. Presentation of Senate Memorial No. 12 – Introduced by Chairman Wayne Hancock, District 4; Presented by Senator William Soules.
3. Present and Discuss the 2018-2022 Preliminary Infrastructure Capital Improvement Plan (ICIP) Meeting Results – Robert Armijo, County Engineer, will present.
4. Presentation by the Mesilla Valley Economic Development Alliance: Year-End Report – Introduced by District 4 Commissioner Benjamin Rawson.
CONSENT AGENDA - The Board will be asked to approve by one motion the following items of recurring or routine business:
5. Annual Resolution Designating Doña Ana County’s Holiday Schedule for 2017 – Deborah Weir, HR Director, will discuss.
6. Approve Award of Invitation to Bid 16-0029 Tortugas Drainage Project for the Engineering Department and Delegate Signature Authority to the County Manager for Related Contract Documents – Robert Armijo, County Engineer, will discuss.
7. Approve Award for Indigent Healthcare Software Management System Services Request for Proposal 16-0035 and Delegate Signature Authority to the County Manager for Related Contract Documents – Jamie Michael, Director, Health and Human Services, will discuss.
8. Approve Sole Source Award and Purchase of Freedom On-the-Move Upgrade From Strongwatch Corporation for Equipment Used in Support of Operation Stonegarden, and Delegate Signature Authority to the County Manager for all Related Documents – Angie Guerrero, Grant Writer, Doña Ana County Sheriff’s Department.
9. Approve Travel to Huntsville, Texas from June 12-17, 2016 to Attend the National Jail Leadership Command Academy – Chris Barela, Director, Detention Center, will discuss.
10. A Resolution to Approve the Doña Ana County Board of County Commissioners to Include a Line Item in the County Budget at the Beginning of Fiscal Year 2016-17 to Support the Juvenile Citation Program Administered by the City of Las Cruces, the Budget will not be less than $35,000 or greater than $50,000, and this Provision shall Prevail until this Resolution is Rescinded or the Program is Discontinued – Introduced by District 1 Commissioner Billy Garrett.
11. Approve Lease of Storage Area Network (SAN) Equipment with Support and Services in the Amount of $613,555.80 over 5 Years – Bob Bunting, Manager, Information Technology Department, will discuss.
12. Approve Publication of Title and General Summary of an Ordinance Amending the Code of the County of Doña Ana, by Deleting and Repealing §207-8 Thereof, Basis for Establishing Areas of Special Flood Hazard, and Replacing it with a New §207-8, to be Entitled Basis for Establishing Areas of Special Flood Hazard, which Section Provides for the Effective Date of FEMA’s Scientific and Engineering Report to Include Flood Insurance Rate Maps and Flood Boundary Floodway Maps – Paul Dugie, Director, Flood Commission, will discuss.
13. Approve a Resolution Amending the Human Resources Policies and Procedures Originally Adopted May 28, 2008, Amended June 9, 2009, May 25, 2010, May 24, 2011 and December 9, 2014 – Deborah Weir, HR Director, will discuss.
14. Lynn Ellins, County Clerk, will present to the Commission any claims received by Doña Ana County.
COMMISSION MAY CONVENE IN CLOSED SESSION subject to the attorney-client privilege to discuss threatened or pending litigation, Mark Hiles v. Doña Ana County, et.al., D-307-CV-2016-01052; City of Española, et.al., v. County Commission of Santa Fe County, et.al., D-101-CV-2015-01396; and Rene Barba v. David Gutierrez D-307-CV-2016-00535; and, to discuss bargaining strategy preliminary to collective bargaining negotiations with the American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees, NM Council 18, Local 1529 (Detention Center) and Local 1879 (Court Security); as authorized by the Open Meetings Act, NMSA 1978, § 10-15-1 (H)(7) & (5) respectively.
COMMISSION MAY CONVENE IN OPEN SESSION to take action, if any, on the closed session items.
COMMISSION ADJOURNS AS THE BOARD OF COUNTY COMMISSIONERS AND THE COUNTY BOARD OF FINANCE IN OPEN SESSION.
THIS AGENDA IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE
NOTE: Doña Ana County will ensure effective communication with individuals with disabilities and will, upon request, provide auxiliary communication aids and services to afford those individuals equal opportunity for participation in Doña Ana County sponsored meetings, events, or activities. Any request should be made to the Americans with Disabilities Act Coordinator, in writing, or by phone, as soon as possible prior to the event at which accommodation is needed. If you have any questions regarding examples of reasonable accommodations, please contact the ADA Coordinator, at 525-5884 (voice) or 525-2951 (TTY), 845 N. Motel Blvd. Las Cruces, NM 88007.
Spanish language interpretation services are now available upon request for participation in Doña Ana County sponsored meetings, events, or activities. Please contact the Health & Human Services Department at 525-5870, at least 48 hours prior to the event. Servicios de interpretación en las juntas será disponible por petición. Por favor en contacto el Departamento de Salud y Servicios Humanos al 525-5870 por lo menos 48 horas por adelantado para pedir este servicio.