- Register, Check Your Voter Information, or Update Your Registration Online
- 3rd Party Agents
- Cancel Your Registration
- Where to Register
To qualify to register to vote you must be a citizen of the United States and a resident of Doña Ana County.
You must be 18 years of age at the time of the next election.
If you have ever been convicted of a felony, you must have completed all conditions of parole and supervised probation, served the entirety of your sentence or have been granted a pardon by the governor.
You also cannot register to vote if you have been denied the right to vote by a court of law due to reason of mental incapacity.
If you are a qualified voter living in Doña Ana County we encourage you to register to vote. Registration is quick and easy. Click here for a complete list of all locations you can register at, or click here to register to vote online.
For overseas and armed forces electors: You can easily register to vote by following these 2 steps:
Step 1. Download the Overseas and Armed Forces Electors Federal Post Card Application.
Step 2. Mail, Fax (575) 527-9857, or e-mail email@example.com your signed Federal Post Card Application to your County Clerk.
Important information for filling out registration forms:
The general voter registration period ends 28 days before an election. However, at the County Clerk’s Office and at some alternate early voting sites during the twenty-eight days prior to Election Day, a qualified elector may seek to register to vote or update an existing certificate of registration immediately before voting. The voter shall provide:
- a New Mexico driver's license or New Mexico identification card issued through the motor vehicle division of the taxation and revenue department;
- any document that contains an address in the county together with a photo identification card; or
- a current valid student photo identification card from a post-secondary educational institution in New Mexico accompanied by a current student fee statement that contains the student's address in the county.
You must register with a major political party (Democrat or Republican) if you wish to take part in that party's primary election, caucus, or convention.
Updating the information on your voter registration is simple; just submit a new form with the updated information to application to the County Clerk's Office (845 N. Motel Blvd, Las Cruces, NM 88007) or to the Secretary of State's Office (325 Don Gaspar Suite 300, Santa Fe, NM 87503), or you may update your information at NMVote.org.
Registration ID Requirements:
If you are registering to vote in person or are currently registered to vote in New Mexico, no physical identification need be shown or attached to complete a registration.
Pursuant to the HELP AMERICA VOTE ACT, if you are submitting a registration yourself by mail (not through a Voter Registration Agent) and it is the first time you have registered in the state of New Mexico, you should submit a COPY of a current valid photo ID or a COPY of a current utility bill, bank statement, paycheck or other government document that shows your name and address in Doña Ana County.
Once your registration has been accepted and entered into the state database, you will receive a Voter Information Card.
If you have been convicted of a felony, per NMSA § 1-4-27.1 (A) your registration to vote has been canceled.
The corrections department, New Mexico Sentencing Commission and the Administrative Office of the Courts provides information regarding convictions to the Secretary of State. The Secretary of State uses this information to update the statewide voter registration electronic management system to show the eligibility status of persons convicted of felonies. This update is done on a monthly basis. NMSA 1-4-27.1 (C) & (D). The Secretary of State also requests data from the United States Attorney for the District of New Mexico. Id. § 1-4-27.1(E). Under federal law, the U.S. Attorney is required to cooperate in providing the information 42 U.S.C. § 1973gg-6(g) (1)-(4). Further, the Secretary of State is required to notify the County Clerk’s voter registration officials of the information received from the U.S. Attorney. Id. § 1973gg-6(g) (5).
According to NMSA §1-4-27.1(B) and §31-13-1(A) you become eligible to register to vote once the following conditions are met (for all convictions, if the person has more than one felony conviction):
S/he has completed the terms of a suspended or deferred sentence imposed by a court; OR
S/he has been unconditionally discharged from a correctional facility or detention center; AND
S/he has completed all conditions of parole or supervised probation (or supervised release from a federal conviction); OR
S/he has had the conviction overturned on appeal; OR
S/he has presented the governor with a certificate verifying the completion of the sentence and has been granted a pardon or a certificate by the Governor restoring the person’s full rights of citizenship.
Once you have met the conditions above, the corrections department issues you a certificate of completion and also notifies the Secretary of State that you are entitled to register to vote (NMSA § 31-13-1(D).). At this point, you can go to the Clerk’s Office (with your certificate of completion) and complete a registration form before the deadline for the next election.
New Mexico Election Law states that if you would like to register voters, you must be registered as a Third-Party Registration Agent through the Secretary of State or the County Clerk.
The Third Party Registration Agent form must be completed and notarized. Once submitted to the Clerk, you will be issued a Voter Registration Agent (VRA) number which must be filled in on every registration form assigned to you. The VRA number is assigned to an individual, regardless of which organization you are working for.
When voter registrations are returned to the County Clerk we will determine what precinct the voter lives in based on the information provided. If we are only provided with a PO Box for an address, our office will mail the voter a letter requesting more information, and the person will not be a registered voter until they provide it. Please make sure every voter registration has a clear physical address.
Once completed, voter registrations must be mailed or delivered to the County Clerk's Office within 48 hours.
- ANTHONY PUBLIC HEALTH 865 N Main Anthony, NM 88021 (575)882-2221
- CYFD 945 Anthony Dr Anthony, NM 88021 (575)882-7871
- HUMAN SERVICES DEPT 220 Crossett Anthony, NM 88021 (575)882-5781
- CHAPARRAL PUBLIC HEALTH 317 McCombs Chaparral, NM 88021 (575)824-3454
- MVD 104 B. Franklin Hatch, NM 87937 (575) 267-1686
- HATCH PUBLIC HEALTH 3 Chile Capital Ln Hatch, NM 87937 (575)267-1322
- COMMISSION FOR THE BLIND 277 E Amador, Ste 101 Las Cruces, NM 88001 (575)524-6450
- COMMUNITY ACTION AGENCY 3880 Foothills Rd, Ste A Las Cruces, NM 88001 (575)527-8799
- COORDINATED HOME HEALTH 205 W Boutz #2 Las Cruces, NM 88005 (575)523-8885
- CYFD 760 Motel Blvd, Ste C Las Cruces, NM 88005 (575)524-6400
- DONA ANA COUNTY CLERK'S OFFICE 845 N. Motel Blvd. Las Cruces, NM 88007 (575) 647-7428
- EAST MESA PUBLIC HEALTH 5220 Holman Rd Las Cruces , NM 88012 (575)382-0641
- HOUSING AUTHORITY 920 San Pedro Las Cruces, NM 88001 (575)528-2000
- HUMAN SERVICES EAST 2121 Summit Ct Las Cruces, NM 88011 (575)524-6568
- HUMAN SERVICES WEST 655 Utah Ave Las Cruces, NM 88001 (575)524-6500
- LA CLINICA DE FAMILIA 8600 Bataan Memorial East Las Cruces, NM 88011 (575)373-9202
- MOUNTAIN SHADOWS 800 N Telshor Blvd, Ste B Las Cruces, NM 88011 (575)521-1366
- MVD 3291 Del Rey Blvd, Ste 10 Las Cruces, NM 88011 (575)647-2044
- MVD EXPRESS 3961 E Lohman, Ste 20 Las Cruces, NM 88011 (575)373-1367
- MVD 505 S Main #357 Las Cruces, NM 88001 (575)524-6215
- NM BORDER HEALTH 1170 N Solano, Ste L Las Cruces, NM 88001 (575)528-5054
- NM DEPT OF LABOR 226 S Alameda Las Cruces, NM 88005 (575) 524-6250
- NMSU CORBETT CENTER 2nd Floor NMSU Las Cruces, NM 88003 (575)646-4415
- PUBLIC HEALTH WEST 1850 Copper Loop, Ste A Las Cruces, NM 88005 (575)523-7202
- SUN COUNTRY CASE MGMT 133 Wyatt Dr, Ste 4 Las Cruces, NM 88005 (575)525-1969
- THE ABILITY CENTER 715 E Idaho Bldg 3-E Las Cruces, NM 88001 (575)526-5016
- THOMAS BRANIGAN LIBRARY 200 E Picacho Ave Las Cruces, NM 88001 (575)528-4000
- VETERAN’S COMMISSION 2024 E Griggs Las Cruces, NM 88001 (575)524-6220
- VOCATIONAL REHAB 3381 Del Rey Blvd Las Cruces, NM 88012 (575)524-6135
- VISTA COLLEGE 850 N Telshor Ste F&G Las Cruces, NM 88011 (575) 993-5952
- MVD 880 McNutt Sunland Park, NM 88063 (575)589-5015
- SP PUBLIC HEALTH 3807 McNutt Rd Sunland Park, NM 88063 (575)589-2543
White Sands Missile Range:
- MVD BLDG 200 Headquarters Ave WSMR, NM 88002 (575)678-8824
- MCFEE WIC CLINIC BLDG 530 WSMR, NM 88002 (575)678-1138