State Statute 60-2C Fireworks licensing and Safety
County Ordinance No. 233-07
Within the unincorporated areas of Doña Ana County, permissible fireworks are ground and hand-held sparkling devices, including: (County Ordinance No. 233-07)
- Cone fountains
- Crackling devices
- Cylindrical fountains
- Flitter sparklers
- Ground spinners
- Illuminating torches
- Novelty items
The following types of fireworks are non-permissible fireworks and their possession, sale, possession for sale and use is prohibited within the unincorporated areas of Doña Ana County: (County Ordinance No. 233-07)
- All fireworks prohibited under the New Mexico Fireworks Safety Act.
- All aerial devices including:
- Aerial shell kit-reloadable tubes
- Aerial spinners
- Missile-type rockets
- Multiple tube devices
- Roman candles
- Stick-type rockets
- All ground audible devices, including:
Permissible fireworks may be sold at retail in the unincorporated areas of Doña Ana County, New Mexico, between June 20 and July 6 of each year, six days preceding and including New Year’s Day, three days preceding and including Chinese New Year, September 16th, and Cinco de Mayo. (State Statute 60-2C / County Ordinance No. 233-07).
- Fireworks may not be sold at retail without:
- State Fire Marshal’s Retail Fireworks Permit
- County Business Registration
- County Retail Fireworks Permit
- All permits shall be displayed at the location where the retail sale takes place.
- It is unlawful to offer for sale or to sell fireworks to
- children under the age of sixteen years
- an intoxicated person
Fireworks shall not be discharged within:
- One hundred fifty (150) feet of a fireworks retail sales location.
- On state forestland, wild lands, or a Bosque.
- A person shall not ignite fireworks within a motor vehicle or throw fireworks from a motor vehicle.
- A person shall not throw ignited fireworks into or at a motor vehicle
- A person shall not place or throw ignited fireworks at or near a person or group of people.
- The discharge of fireworks on County roads and rights-of-way is hereby prohibited.