Eric L. Rodriguez
|- 2019 First half taxes are now delinquent. Penalty and interest have accrued on the first half balance. Please pay before January 11th, 2020 to avoid additional fees.
- The Treasurer’s Office will be closing from 11:30am to 1:00pm on 12/17/2019. For payments or information about your account, use our 'Search Taxes' option.
To become the model Treasurer's Office for the State of New Mexico.
- Provide accurate financial reports
- Ensure Safekeeping of Public Records
- Maximize the rate of return on county investments
- Establish equitable tax collection
- Update office technology
- Provide excellent customer service
ABOUT THE TREASURER’S OFFICE
The Treasurer's Office is the property tax collector for the County of Doña Ana, City of Las Cruces, Las Cruces, Hatch and Gadsden Public Schools, the State of New Mexico, and other taxing agencies within Doña Ana County. More than 100,000 property tax bills, plus approximately 13,500 delinquency notices, are mailed by the County Treasurer's Office annually.
The County Assessor sets the assessed valuation and the County Commission ratifies the state-set tax rate for the county each year. Other tax rates are set by the individual taxing entities with final approval by the State's Department of Finance and Administration.
As the banker for the Doña Ana County, the Treasurer's Office is also responsible for collecting all other money due to other county departments, including fees for services, licenses, and revenues from bond issues and special assessments. The Treasurer invests surplus funds until they are needed for county operations.
The Treasurer's Office is a public office. The staff is available to assist with all property-tax matters and to provide scheduled tours of the office with a briefing on state-mandated services. For further information, call (575) 647-7433.
The Treasurer's Office is divided into the following functions:
- Financial Services
- Public Services
- Tax Scheduling Services
- Collection Services
TAXING AGENCIES IN DOÑA ANA COUNTY
- State of New Mexico Treasurer
- Doña Ana County Government
- City of Las Cruces
- Town of Mesilla
- Town of Hatch
- City of Sunland Park
- Doña Ana Branch Community College
- Las Cruces School District
- Gadsden School District
- Hatch School District
- McLeod Water Shed District